During the cold months your body needs a little more TLC to keep it in tip top shape 🙂
Here are my Top 5 Beauty Winter must haves:
1. Exfoliator, Cleanser, Toner and moisturiser – Yes, all of them. If you don’t have them in your life then get to the nearest shop and get some! Skincare is important at any time of the year but more especially in Winter because between the cold, fire lighting, running around like a headless chicken in the cold into warm shops your skin can take a beating from sudden changes in temperature. And for daytime and more especially Winter nights out, it’s all about a Winter glow – dull, dry, flaky and sore skin is a big no no! My favourite skincare range of late is Avene but I’m a cult Nivea user too. Pop to your local Tesco for some good offers on the Nivea lines – you can keep your skin in perfect condition for a cool €30 and they cater for all skin combinations with body products to boot too. Best of all, your skin will feel like a dream after a bit of daily pampering 🙂
2. Lip Balm – A good moisturising lip balm is a must. Vaseline, Carmex, Labello (my childhood staple!!), there are endless options that’ll cost you under a fiver and save you a lot of chapped misery! If you’ve reached the chapped stage already mix up some sugar and moisturiser to make a lip scrub and use an old toothbrush to lightly exfoliate and get them back to perfection 🙂
3. Red Lipstick – Christmas is the time of year where going outrageously OTT with outfits and make up is socially acceptable. Whether you’re heading to an event, Christmas party or dashing out after work unplanned, a basic red lip colour will add instant glamour. My favourite high street reds are the Superstay lines from Maybelline which last up to 16hours, and the Kate Moss Collection reds from Rimmel. Tip: Line your lips to prevent the lipstick bleeding and smudging 🙂
4. False Nails – While splurging on presents for our loved ones is a great feeling, it means we have to go without some spends for ourselves around this time of year. If you cannot afford to get your nails preened for a big night out, fear not – Boots will come to the rescue! A box of 200 clear nails from boots costs €14 which means you can paint them a shade to suit your style and they also come in 3 different nail shapes to cater to every lady’s taste. What’s more, the glue is so good that the nails will last up to 7 days, I’m on day 4 of my current set and they are not budging 🙂
5. Hair Oil – If your blessed to look cute in a nice woolly hat (I unfortunately am not!), then it’s no secret that your hair loses a lot of natural oils and can break a little easier than usual from dryness. Keep your locks luscious by using a hair oil spray – I’m a fan of the L’oreal Elvive collection 🙂
What are your favourite beauty must haves this time of year?